Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Paper Thanks


 

Operation Write Home
Mid Week Throwdown Challenge
Recipe Mix:We’re challenging you to make cards for our heroes to send home to their family and friends using this recipe:
1 Embossing Folder
1 Border Punch or Die
2 Patterned Papers
1 Ribbon or Twine
 

Here is my card for this challenge today.  I used two different pattern papers from Basic Greys Paper Cottage 6x6  paper pack. Got some Mojo from OWH sketch number 85 to help get started today. For embossing I used a Sizzix folder dots:) then I used a die to cut out my fishtail and sentiment. I used a red  twine to to help pop up the the color a bit. Those sticker dots are just so sparkly and happy.
 
This will also be added to Simon Says Challenge: Anything Goes!
 
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey / Paper Cottage
Twine: May Arts
Sentiment: Paper Smooches/ Wooden Thanks#1
Cardstock: PTI/ Aqua Mist
Stickers: Starform
Happy Crafting
Barbara

7 comments:

kssdesigns said...

Love how you fanned out the twine and that swiss dot embossing folder is one of my favorites! Darling card!

Lin said...

A great design and someone will so appreciate being able to use this! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Jen M said...

Nice - love the polka dots!

Cynthia T said...

I really like the card, especially the simple sentiment as focal point. Good job!

Erika said...

I love that pop of red twine against the pretty blue banner. Looks like you pulled this together pretty fast.

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful layering and composition! Your work is lovely, Barbara! Thanks for stopping my blog and entering the giveaway!

Unknown said...

So very cute! Great card! We'd love for you to try out at our new design team: Sister Act Card Challenge