Thursday, April 19, 2012

Springtime Flowers

Dreamweaver Monthly Challenge : Flowers
What better way to to celebrate than with flowers (never enough!). I decided to challenge myself and used this image on vellum (LL3023). I dry embossed it, then inked it up with my Splendor Ink. Let it dry then drew on with my Spica Clear glitter pen to give it wet look. Die cut it out, placing it on yellow cardstock. I off centered it to add interest. The panel has been dry embossed with the rain drops stencil (LJ905). I put some clouds at the top in pearled paper with some clear glitter rings. So the card was hard to photograph to capture all its real beauty...I mean clear glitter , white embossing, vellum and yellow (what am I thinking!). I like it anyway.
Happy Crafting
Barbara

6 comments:

Liz Martin said...

Embossing on vellum can be tricky, but you did a GREAT job. Really brings a smile to my face.

Louise said...

I agree, you can never have too many flowers! Pretty card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Barbara...I love that you used the raindrops in the background and a cloud too. Clever thinking! Hope many flowers are in your future.

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

so very pretty! Thanks for playing!!! Love when I see something so stunning!

Pam Hornschu said...

Beautifully Spring-y! Thanks for playing with us!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours! It's a very cheery card that is sure to brighten anyone's day.