Thursday, August 30, 2018

Crepe Paper Birthday

Papertrey Ink
Make It Monday Challenge Glitter Inlays

This weeks challenge is to use Glitter as part of the area or inlay potion of the design element of the die. Well I do not use loose Glitter as it create much crafting mess (the DH one rule buy everything you want but no glitter!). So sacrifices must be made... and small amounts of high quality glitter paper is bought and used well sparingly! So really this one compromise I can live with...there are so many other things to buy:)

For my card today I used the background paper from the Hooray! patterned paper set. Then die cut out from Sweet Blush cardstock, the For You Tags Die set: using the "Happy"die and in pink glitter paper in the Basic die. The Birthday die and  sentiment is from Wonderful Words: Birthday.  I stamped the 'to you' in Hibiscus Burst Ink.  Then added stitching around the edges using the Lil' Inker die. May Arts pink twine and some Echo Park enamel dots finished the card off.

I have been away on vacation but made it back in time for Stamp-A- Faire; and have to it was so much being there! The event went by so fast..like being at wedding, next thing you know it is over!  I learned  so much..especially making a journal books... I only hope to do it again.
Happy Crafting
Barbara

1 comment:

lexi said...

great birthday card! glitter paper is a great alternative! thanks for playing make it monday!!