Thursday, June 30, 2016

PTI Stenciling with Texture Paste MIM #254


Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #254
Stenciling With Texture Paste
I decided to give this one try ... because well I actually have the paste I thought well now is as good as time to use it (or lose it because it is going to turn into cement!). In fact I made my own stencil out of the Cover Plate Peony Die. Just  cut it up in some card stock, a bit of taping, and turned the paper around so I did not break the petals between. It worked.
I definitely got to get some real stencils but I like flowers mostly so I will just wait for some other designs as they come out. The texture paste grabs color so easy, and was even easier to work with than I thought!
Dies/ PTI-Noted Scalloped  A2 Die Collection; Sentiment/ Thanks- Wet Paint Collection; Cover Plate: Peony Die (Faux Stencil)
Ink/ PTI-New Leaf, Lime-aid Ice, Hibiscus Burst
Card stock/ PTI-Pale Peony, Lime-aid Ice; Neenah-Solar White
Twine/ May Arts-Pink
Pearls/ Hero Arts
Texture Paste/ Ranger
Happy Crafting
Barabara

3 comments:

lainey said...

Barbara, this is so pretty and feminine looking! Great color choices and it looks lovely on the A2 Noted Scalloped dies.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this turned out SO pretty Barbara! Love the soft and delicate look to this card and your colors are just beautiful! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Helen F. said...

Very nice design, Barbara. The stamps and pretty colors you chose are perfect for this technique.